My Take On The Book:
A warm breeze ruffled the trees, and she glanced at her camera. The stupid tripod didn’t want to stay in place. She grumbled under her breath. Squatting down, she jiggled the tiny metal legs into the earth, hoping to steady it. A couple of rocks would help. She grabbed a few of the biggest ones and circled the tripod legs with them to keep it stable.
Long strands of frizzy hair kept falling forward out of her ponytail, tickling the side of her face. She tugged the annoying hair behind her ear and continued to mess with the tripod.
“Stupid, friggin’, piece of—”
A low growl sounded close. Too close. She whipped up to her feet, still holding one of the rocks in her hands and turned in a flash. Unfortunately, she was also one of the clumsiest people and tripped on her own feet. She lost her balance, and she fell on her ass.
A howl sounded from the ceremony site, and she scrambled to her knees to watch one of the wolves, she’d guess it was Marco because he was bigger, sniffing Kelly’s behind.
“Just like a man to go straight for the goods.” She snorted.
But she didn’t get a chance to keep watching. Something bumped her backside, pushing her forward. She tangled on the tripod and fell on her face.
“Oh, for crying out loud.” Clearly, she sucked at being inconspicuous. Strands of hair fell forward, covering her vision. She lifted on all four and flipped to sit on her ass. There he was, the one shifter that drove her absolutely crazy in every way possible.
“Spot? What are you doing here? And why did you bury your nose in my ass, you pervert?”
Not that it turned her on that he put his nose in her ass. It was…weird. He growled. The low deep sound twisted her belly into all kinds of knots. Oh, boy. She was in trouble. Staring at his cute furry face, she was very tempted to lift a hand and pet him.
Nathan, big, bad, sexy, pierced hunk of male candy stood not more than five feet in front of her in his wolf form. The form that looked like a cute Dalmatian-wolf with a white spot over his muzzle, hence the name she’d given him, “Spot.”
His eyes glittered in that golden shade from his animal. A shiver raced down her spine.
“I know how this must look, but it’s not what you think.” She felt like a moron talking to him when he was a giant wolf. He took a step toward her. She squiggled an inch further away. With a quick swipe, she moistened her dry lips with the tip of her tongue. “We were invited to be here. I swear.”
About The Author
Enter The Giveaway Here
Thanks for stopping by,
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Number of pages: 36
Word Count: 14,000
Goodreads Rating: 5
My Rating: 4
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/yTBATkCiyVc
Tally Haslam has too much to deal with. An herbalist and aromatherapist, her latest creation – an aphrodisiac potion – remains in unsaleable condition as she has nobody to test it with. And, much to her annoyance, she sleepwalks.
Hoping to get away from it all for a weekend, Tally travels to nearby Madigan Hall for their yearly Paranormal Evening—but on the first night she wakes up outside the bedroom of another guest: Kyle Hunter, who has chosen to pleasure himself with the door open. Tally escapes without being seen, but is unable to get Kyle out of her head—especially when she finds herself at the same table at him the following evening.
However, Tally’s world is turned upside down when, at the paranormal dinner, she encounters the ghost of the Blue Lady, who seems determined not to leave her alone—and shows a disturbing penchant, when Tally sleepwalks again, for leading her astray…
My Take On The Book:
What can I say about this short book? Nothing more than, it was awesome. It was a surprisingly quick read, very to the point. The story picks up with our main character Tally sleep walking, a recurring theme throughout the story and jumps right into things. It literally had it all, the paranormal, the romance and the steamy scenes that we adults look for in the adult reads.
The storyline was tied together very well leaving almost no questions unanswered. The book was also well written with the exception of a few scenes. But the mistakes weren’t glaring and in no way did it leave you confused. Since this was such a short read that I was able to knock out in just about 35 minutes, (yeah I’m weird, I time myself) I’m only gonna do a quick Pros and Cons List.
The Great (Pros):
- Kyle. Sexy and funny and a complete smart ass. A great love interest.
- Ashlee. Kyle’s sister. She was way out there and definitely in a good way. She was friendly to Tally and I loved the banter between her and her brother.
- Tally. Tally had her stupid moments, ok, they were very stupid moments. She liked to over think things but she was a great main character.
- The paranormal storyline. Ok I know that is a bit vague as far as bullets go but that is really all I can say. Sure the sexy scenes where downright steamy, but it was the actual storyline that was my favorite. I also really enjoyed how the author made this storyline work in such a short book.
The Not So Great (Cons):
- Length. There weren’t very many cons other than my turning the page at the end and feeling let down that it was over.
- Inconsistencies. There were a few of these littered throughout the story. Most notably, the sex scenes. The characters weren’t doing any weird acrobatic or almost physically impossible moves that I couldn’t envision, it was just the minor details that the author overlooked that I as a reader could not. For example in one of the scenes it is mentioned that she’s not wearing underwear under her nightgown but later in the morning she’s looking for them and a few more sentences with said underwear commence.
- Grammatical errors. Once again nothing to big, but I did do my little weirdo twitch in a few parts when I noticed them. For example, the word a instead of an and so on. Like I said nothing too drastic.
- Lack of Kyle info. Off the bat, other than what he looks like nude then dressed and the smart ass comments, you’ve got next to no info of the loveable oaf. You don’t know much about him. Sure you know he’s a skeptic and that he’s only at this convention for his sister but as a love interest for the main character, short story of not, I would like to know a little basic knowledge about him. Where does he work? Things like that.
A short read, but a great read. I would definitely recommend this one to basically anyone that enjoys these short paranormal reads with steamy scenes. Enjoy the Guest Post and Excerpt Below.